Saturday, August 22, 2009

Weekend drivel.

School is wonderful, not much more to add than my previous rant, except yesterday we set out to socialize after school, yeah, you guessed right, drink.. The other D.I. people in town had organized a game of brännboll (that's the swedish equivalent of cricket, or baseball, or something.. we always had to play it in PE at school as soon as spring showed up and I always hated it, so I was the only one not playing besides the judges.. go figures.) then we just sat around on the grass and drank and smoked and talked and got to know each other. Then it started raining.

A guy in my class wanted to drag us all to this block party, so we set out across town, got there, it got a bit darker, we were all walking down the street drinking our various beverages (I had red wine.) and then the street ended and we realized that it wasn't so much a block party but a bunch of people standing in the middle of the road drinking or thronging at the entrances of various clubs and restaurants... so basically like any other night, apparantly, I wouldn't know, I've never gone out in Stockholm... I stood talking to a Production student and a Scriptwriting student (although he didn't say much, I think he was the shy sort... what am I saying... he was writer, plain and simple!)

Another guy knew of a party in the middle of nowhere, I rather stay and finish my conversation with the guy I was talking to, and then go home, but was persuaded by Katta to come for a bit, mostly because I wouldn't know how to get home without company or at least directions... so we went out in the middle of nowhere, met the guy's sister and cousins and friends, then they wanted to go out clubbing so we went all the way back into town, and Katta and I got away from the others and decided to call it a night. My journey home was a nightmare, because I was dead exhausted and the train took forever and then I realized I'd missed all my buses and got a bit panicky... luckily I went and asked a bus driver on break if there was anyway for me to get to Enebyberg or at least closer to it, and he told me he'd be driving by there, so ten minutes later I was on a bus going home.

Borrowed two student films on DVD with me home, Elkland and Janna & Liv (wasn't on imdb for some reason), that I watched this morning whilst eating my breakfast, they were really quite good, not as good as that short I (think I) told you about before, Victor & hans bröder, which was just absolutely amazing, but still, they were really good, especially for students, I mean, you would never have guessed, they were completely professional -- and I can't wait to make my own films!! -- next week we get our film cameras and we get to start filming! I'm so excited I could listen to the song!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

here's what we should do: you, me, webcam, tell me lots. I may tell you some :P

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

sounds like a good idea! but why do I have to tell you more than you tell me? seems a bit unfair...

Unknown said...

what if it was a surprise?

Fredrik said...

låter som att du trivs. fan va skönt att höra! :D jag har lyckats hora till mig lite pengar på telefon nu så jag kan slå dig en signal o höra med egna öron hur det går:) kram så länge

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

Alright... :p

Ja, jag stortrivs jättemycket! Schysst, i så fall brukar jag sluta vid fyra-fem tiden på kvällen! Hörs! Kram så länge!

Dear Ida said...

Reminds me of our first clubbing night, with Stefan Michelle, and Liam. How we walked for two hours looking for Pender st. we found it at 5 in the morning! hahaha Remember?

Reminds me of how I get home every night I go out alone to North Van! Shitty.

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

Yeah, I remember! Well, barely. But I remember the first time I went clubbing in Vancouver... and I remember that party, remember, in the very beginning, and we got wine to share! That is THE night that I started seeing you as a friend and nor just a class mate, I remember thinking that, in a very aloof kind of out-of-my-body fashion that I used to have (until you worked you mojo on me!) where we were walking down the street, you were telling me of this guy in our class and I was listening and I thought to myself, I think we're friends now. But at the same time I was unsure, because I thought you were one of those open and friendly people and you shared with everyone like that... wow, it's so weird thinking back on beginnings of friendships or relationships, how you viewed them then...