Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday. Between the beginning of the week and the end.

Home assignment all day today. I'm sceptical. Might have to think of other things. I have the morning tomorrow as well, we don't start until after lunch. Second-guessing myself as usual. Also, I'm feeling a bit more comfortable running into my house mates, and today I cooked in their kitchen for the first time. Then I went to the library and got a pile of books. Read one. Conversed a bit with Akilles, then went into town with my CSN papers for an Eva to sign at the school, only she'd left for the day, so I'll have to go back tomorrow morning. Then I started getting a headache that got worse and worse, might have been the light and the shoulders from carrying my heavy bag for a few days now, or dehydration and malnutrition, all possibilities, but I went home, drank a whole bunch of water, ate an orange, took a pill and lay down for a while in the dark, and it went away. The ache in the head I can stand, it's when it trickles into my eyes, I hate that, because I can't use them properly, I get light sensitive and I'm such a visual person, I need to look everywhere all the time, so it's frustrating and deabilitating to have to lie down and cover your eyes because of the pain in them.

Read about the black organ market in Palestine. Lost faith in the humanity even more. Sent the link to my mother and expressed my despair. She said another world IS possible. I don't know. I'm feeling sceptical.

2 comments:

DeathShrike said...

The Palestine organ black market is great. I bought two hearts on ebay, and I didn't even need them! They were just so cheap I couldn't resist. I got them at the same time I ordered 500 tiny Hello Kitty erasers (they were 1 cent each! What a deal!). Next time you feel sad about all the inhumanity in the world, just think of all the cash people are making off the back of that suffering! Always makes me smile.

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

Oh yeah, that's true, money does make the world go round...