Thursday, August 13, 2009

New place.

Have to make this brief, since there is some thunder and lightening outside and I should really unplug my laptop, but I just had to let everyone know that I'm sitting at the desk in my new room, in the new house in the new town, and I am loving it here, welll in the room anyway, the other stuff is still unfamiliar and will take some getting used to, but I'm sure I will. I don't know. I unpacked most of my things last night when I got back from hanging out with my brother's family, I then went to bed missing my sleeping partner (that would be my cat, Tjockis, so don't get any ideas...) but fell asleep and slept really well all through the night and this morning I woke up and felt well rested and at ease, not tense and anxious like I usually feel when I'm in somebody else's place or anywhere new and unfamiliar, so I guess I just feel at home here now.

Meeting my class tomorrow = major anxiety, but I'm excited (think they'll take to me?)

Miss you all, wish I had my own digital camera so that I could photograph my new home and show you!

I got some little framed photographs lined up on the window sill, one of my older brother holding me as a baby of no year's old, one of my little brother when he was about ten or something, one of my mum and dad when they were young and ida-less, one (heart-shaped frame) of Tjockis, and then a larger one with four pictures in, one of Ana and me in only book club meeting, one of Cesar and me in Victory Square, one of Ana and Cesar in a pub, and the fourth is of one of my paintings, I also have my flower (the one mum gave me as a congratulations gift for getting into D.I. and which is -- so far -- the only flower I've had in my possession for more than a week without killig it...), the treasure chest Cesar bought me in Chile, one of the angels from my collection (it's been a tradition with my mum, she gets me an angel every christmas and has done since I was about ten or something), my Spirou collection , way too many books and stuff, all my DVDs, almost all of my clothes (that Cesar aren't using...), my album, my portfolio, my camera, my journals, the ceramic mask that Ana got for me in Peru for christmas, and so on and so forth, and it's the most me that any room I've lived in has been since Tjockis and I lived together in Hille when I was seventeen-eighteen (with the exception for the short time I lived with Cesar, although I mostly felt at home with Cesar, I don't think I put too many personal touches on the actual place... besides messing it up...)

Actually, never mind the camera, I wish you could come here and see it for yourself.

Well, I should round this up. Catch you on the flip-side.

3 comments:

Dear Ida said...

Hey there was a huge thunderstorm here too! This morning!

And I gave you a digital Camera that you left here!

Hugs and kisses babe I'm glad you've found a place to call your own! And you should have made OUR place at the time a bit of your own. I don't think I would have truly minded since you've been the only person I've been able to stand in my place!

Miss you, I will see it soon enough!

Cesar

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

I completely forgot about that camera, I remember I thought of it at the time I was packing but I thought you just gave it to me to borrow whilst you were in south america though, so I left it. You'll never guess what I found in a second hand shop for nearly nothing though, a Polaroid camera! I've always wanted a Polaroid camera and now I have one! I haven't been able to afford film for it yet so I haven't used it, but still...

I haven't done much to this place, not more than I did in your (except the mess) but it's was more me before I got here than yours, maybe that's why.. I think it was Hillary Duff who made the place explicitly yours ;)

Love
Ida

Dear Ida said...

Hahahahaha Yeah! Oh Hilary! I took her down though! She doesn't cover the walls of my place anymore!

Hugs!