Monday, January 26, 2009

Suicidal cookie

Lots of things to do today, so I have to make this brief. Not that I really know what this is, not much has happened since my last entry, so I don't really have anything to write about. I'm still figuring things out, and procrastinating, and working, I haven't heard anything from my agent since the last audition I did (which I blew) and right now I'm focusing on the future.

Ana has this amazing idea for a documentary that she wants to do, and I'm allowed to help out on the project providing I'm actually around, so I have kept myself kind of detached to the whole thing I think just because I don't know for sure if I'll be around to do it with her and I don't want to get all excited and then disappointed... and also with a documentary I feel that my assets or contribution would be limited in comparison to a film, because I can do fiction no problem, I'm creative, I have a wild imagination, I'm artsy, all of which actually works against you in reality and documentary-making, I think. But I'm good at research and being stubbornly inquisitive though, so I'm sure I'll manage to find a straw to add to the nest... if I get to stick around at all, that is.

I had this fix idea about a year ago to name a production/publishing company "Bloody cookie whatever" (it derives from when I first started working in "Death by chocolate" and I was bitching to Brett about not being able to learn the names of the stupid cakes...), I mentioned this to Ana but she didn't like it. She said that just "Fucking cookie" was preferable. That it was the word "bloody" she didn't like because it sounded too british. We then agreed on "Suicidal cookie", hence the title of this entry, so I just thought I'd share with the class... "Suicidal cookie" is the working title of the production company. What do you think?

More on said production company, I've had several ideas for films in the past couple of days, well, it was dead slow at work and the t-shirts were already folded, so I had time to think and day dream... and scribble on pieces of paper... and I have plenty of stuff to play around with now. I mustn't get too tunnel-visioned on this one though, not right now, I can't afford to, I have to be practical and I have to devote my creativity and energy on making my portfolio for Emily Carr... so, I'm off to do some practical stuff now, I'll talk you later!

6 comments:

Dear Ida said...

My love,

The name is catchy, but for a production company...doesn't "Suicide Cookie" sound a bit to negative. I mean we are looking for people to feel like they trust in the company...

Suicide is a bit depressive!???

Anonymous said...

i agree with Cesar. If you just wanted to have some name to put in the beginning of the credits for a film you made then the name would be fine, but I think if you wanted to turn it into an actual company, you may wanna rethink the name.

Unknown said...

what abput making it a devision of ac lol

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

it's "SUICIDAL cookie" not suicide cookie, and you can all relax because Ana got cold feet and wants to change it to something more respectable anyway... you're all boring!

Unknown said...

that takes the fun out of it.
I once asked a man if he wanted a cookie, the man turned around and said "HOW WOULD YOU LIKE A DEAD ONE?"

true story.

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

*laughing* that's awesome! "How would you like a dead one?" hahaha... that's great