Monday, January 19, 2009

Another day, another coffee shop

I have now applied to Emily Carr, hopefully the transcript issue won't hold me back, or anything else either. I feel like not only am I raising against time, but I have this whole "You and me against the world" thing going, minus the "You and"... okay, that's unfair, I know. I have a lot of people supporting me right now, some unexpected, some not, but it's still surprising and I'm really thankful. It sounds weird, I know, but it still boggles my mind that there are people out there in the real world who actually give a shit about me. It's heart-warming, to be honest.

I have also contacted various schools in Sweden, some who were probably hoping to forget I ever attended their institutions, and asked them to send my transcripts to Emily Carr. So far two have risen to the challenge, which is great.

I went and spoke to a person in the Immigrations office today, as well. That was a waste of time, unfortunately. But I don't give up that easily, you know.

Also I'm waiting to hear back from 2nd ave in regards to filming my next audition tomorrow morning before work, hopefully they'll have a spot open for me before I have to go and fold shirts.. I'm looking forward to this one, this girl is a whole heap of fun. Did I tell you aboout her already? Well, I'll tell you again, she's a complete bitch. Manipulative, fake, cunning, cold, competetive, out for herself, the whole nine yards... plus she's a cop, since it's a cop show, and she's a lesbian, and I'm thinking she's probably misunderstood and has a whole bunch of insecurity issues as well, hence the afore-mentioned not so good qualities.. great qualities for an actor to portray though! Like I said, I'm looking forward to it. Her name is Gail Peck. Isn't that perfect?

I'm also waiting to hear back from Lawra Linda to see what she has to say about my being back to square one after having (tried to) talk to the not-so-enthusiastic-about-helping-me blonde at the Immigrations Office... that will fun. The last thing I need right now is her coming to the slow realization that it's impossible to keep me...

Oh, shit. That was 2nd ave, they have no openings tomorrow and they wanted to know if I could come in today at 5:30... I haven't even memorized the script yet! I have to go...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy you were able to apply to Emily Carr! I wasnt sure if you'd be able to or not with the situation with the transcripts. Let me know how it goes will you? The fact that you're a fighter and won't go down without a fight is one of my favorite qualities about you and I know if you wsnt it bad enough you'll find a way to make it happen. Look at all youve acommplished so far :)

Dear Ida said...

I love you...

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

love both of you guys too, i need all the support i can get, because i might sound it, but i'm not feeling very confident at all...