Sunday, January 18, 2009

strange meetings

So I was meeting my agent Lawra Linda in a Starbucks shop downtown tonight. She was over an hour late because the meeting she had before ran over time, and as I was sitting there, looking out the window for possible agents (I've never met her in person before, so I didn't know what she looked like!) and fidgeting (since I'd already finished my venti darkroast) this guy came into the place. He seemed like he was in a rush and like he was looking for someone, so I thought nothing of it, since Lawra Linda happens to be female... and then caught sight of me and our eyes locked briefly and he came striding up to me and crouched down next to where I was sitting and started talking to me. Turned out he was a scout for a model agency. It also turned out he thought I was 16 years old, 5'9" in height and into modelling. When I told him I was in fact 22, 5'7" without my boots on and and actress, he gracefully told me that I had a great look and good luck with my acting. And then he left the Starbucks again. Without even buying any coffee!

Anyway. Lawra Linda showed up almost immediately after that. And made a great first impression on me. Instincts weere flying all over the place. We just clicked instantly. Unless I am very mistaken, and my instincts are wrong (which they haven't been to date) I am meant to accomplish great things with this person. I see a common future for us. She's a Capricorn, just like my best friend Cesar. She seemed to fall in love with me too (not literally, she's got a husband and kids) and we talked for quite a while, then we went for a walk and kept talking, and apparently she thought I was sixteen too by the way! What the hell... I mean, hey, not that I'm complaining, I pay half price on the bus because of this baby face of mine, but still... Odd.

I've got another audition, this one also a taped one to be sent off to Toronto. It's a TV Pilot called "Copper" and I'm playing someone who, judging by the audition sides, is a fake bitch out for herself... so this shall be fun! I'm going to read the full script right now and then get started on the audition first thing in the morning.

Good night.

1 comment:

Dear Ida said...

Hello my love,

Aww that amazing!! How odd, he just randomly came up to you and said all these things...hahaha was he yummy?

Well not that we haven't said those things to you either, but sometimes it best coming from people we're not attach too. So now you know it must be true! Plus everyone who has seen you in the fabulous pictures I took of you, say that your absolutely gorgeous.

I'm so glad that your going out for all these auditions they sound like a lot of fun! And I truly hope you get this one!

Just wanted to drop a line...

Love you and miss you dearly!!!

Hugs,

Cesar