Thursday, June 25, 2009

Don't forget to kiss your Potions Master good bye

Ana phoned last night, when I was in the middle of trying to help my mother organize a shipment of sports wear for my brother's football club that is taking up our entire living room, so not only was it great to hear a friendly voice again, but I quite welcomed the break too! And this morning I discover I got an email from her as well, it doesn't rain but it pours, really.

You know this sucks, this whole long distance thing. Because it's like being in denial. Because people drift apart when they're away form each other, so you know that's going to happen, and if you deny that and refuse to see it, I think it's only going to happen sooner. Whereas, if you're relaxed about it and trust that there's a reason you're keeping in touch and there's a reason why you still want to think of that person being in your life even though they're not an active part of your everyday life, then maybe it won't happen at all. I don't know, what do I know about keeping in touch, really. All I've ever done is run away from things, and places, and people. It's amazing I even have any friends left, when you think about it. Well, I quit running away a while ago, about a year ago I'd say, and now I find myself doing it again, emotionally, not actually. I'm withdrawing a bit. But it's okay, because I know what I'm doing. And I am going to finish this novel if it kills me. And then I'm going to start a career thingy in film in Sweden. And then, who knows.. I'll cross that road when I get to it. But I know this much, those of you who are actually following this blog, I'm guessing, are also the ones I see in that crossroads, no matter what it brings, so buckle down, I think we're in for a ride!

On the home front, things are okay. My little brother finally managed to nag enough for dad to buy him a moped instead of paying him wages for working with him at the cottage and stuff, but of course, now he's too busy driving the thing instead of actually working. Mum found out that there is a new law concerning mopeds though, and that is you still new a license to drive one, which my brother hasn't, and he's not old enough to drive it yet. You're supposed to be fifteen, and he has a few months to go yet. So if he gets caught on that thing, it goes on my dad's record, not his. And all because he "could bore a rock."

I got a doctor's appointment for the last of this month, I wanted to check my blood and stuff, to see if I lack anything, you know, vitamins and iron, that sort of thing. I mean, I must be, cause I'm exhausted. Also I saw this notice at the clinic that if you had a blood transfusion between 75 and 91 you should get tested for hepatitis, so I'm going to do that as well. Apparently you can't just do a regular check-up at the doctor's anymore like you do at the dentist, you have to actually wait til you're sick to get an appointment, now I find this rather silly, because wouldn't you want to prevent sickness as oppose to just wait for it to happen? but then again, with the old system they had hypochondriacs like me running in and out all the time, oh the horror, how many could there be in this one village, you know I think I'm the only one.. well, except for the senior citizens, it's difficult to tell with them though, cause there's always something wrong with them and they're treating the clinic waiting room like some sort of social club, but then again they get special treatment for being old, so they would be allowed in whether they were hypochondriacs or not.. sounds like I'm racist towards old people, doesn't it? maybe I am, I don't want to get old..

There's a new book out on real life vampires that I want to get. Check it out. It's called "Vampires today: the Truth about Modern Vampirism"

Oh, my dad's home. I have to go (coffee!!)



And Here's your good deed of the day.

Take Action.

6 comments:

DeathShrike said...

Old People should go back to Old Peoplestan, where they belong! Quit taking our jobs!!

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

Haha, yeah, something like that... Although with arguments like that one have to consider this: who was here first?

DeathShrike said...

There would be no Old People without Young People. Young People were here first. This is getting existential.

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

What came first again, was it the egg? I forget... ;)

DeathShrike said...

Egg all the way. I can't stand the crazy Chickenists.

Dear Ida said...

I will always love you!

No matter what!