Monday, September 22, 2008

Things are looking up

So I had a chat with Tony about our living arrangement and he more or less surprised me by being in full agreement with me when I said I'd had enough and needed to move out. It's definitely a load off my mind to know that we're both on the same page in this and that we're both going to look for new places and go our seperate ways. It's for the best and it will possibly save our friendship, one which is barely existent anymore due to us living together and since we bring out the worst in one another have become resentful toward each other as a result.

Wait, it gets better. The other night I came home from work (this was actually after mine and Tony's chat and I was already in a much better mood than I've been in ages, it feels like.) and noticed that I had a voice mail message (I'd forgotten my mobile at home before going to work that afternoon.) and it was from an agent by the name of Danielle who works for Top Talent and she'd seen the pictures and info I'd uploaded to Casting Workbook that very morning and wanted to meet with me. She also said she'd seen some of my work at VFS, which boggled my mind since none of my work from school has been broadcasted in public or on the web, but as it turned out when I returned her call the next day, she is actually not only an agent but the girlfriend of one of my teachers at VFS.

I met up with her over a cup of coffee in English Bay this morning. She's definitely a sweetheart and according to her she's had her eye on me for a while, asking VFS staff about me and any possible representation I might have because she's been wanting to sign me to her roster for a while. And so today, she did. And I finally have representation. Just like that. I cannot tell you how relieved and excited I am.

The industry is still very slow and I don't expect a lot of auditioning opportunities immediately, but at least I'm moving forward again, and it feels wonderful. Now all I need is Cesar to return to Vancouver so that we can move in together and my life will be almost perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray! for everything!

Anonymous said...

hej från mamma som hittat till din sida. Kul att ha nån sorts kontakt. Den är jättefin. Det är jättebra att du har en agent men det betyder nog att du blir kvar i Canada forever...?

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

Det tror jag inte. Vill nog ha ett litet knytt jag också framöver och jag skulle inte vilja uppfostra det i Nordamerika, dessutom saknar jag Europa jättemycket, mycket mer själ i de länderna, vill bo i Storbritannien framöver.. pratar mer om det i jul!