Sunday, September 07, 2008

It's a new day.

This week I might have lost a friend and gained two new friends. That's fair trade, I suppose. We'll see what happens.

I'm on a breaking point right now. Whereever I look there's something unravelling or dissolving around me. It's like seeing your own destruction and resurrection in the world around you and not quite knowing how you feel about it and what side of it to look at and whether the glass you're holding, whilst looking at that person who's sitting awfully close to you but not nearly close enough because you have to keep a distance to them, is half full or half empty or if you should order a refill. Yes. I think that's what I'm trying to say. That's my amateur been reading a lot of Voltaire and Nietzsche lately attempt at philosophical reflection of the day. Life's a barsmaid. Yeah, that's deep as a puddle, isn't it.

Anyway, speaking of Nietzsche... might be having wine with afore-mentioned two new friends tonight since Hedy offered to take my shift, and paint and have deep existentialistic conversations and listen to old blues classics and all that other pretentiousness trademark of the misplaced half of the tele-generation.

I wish I played an instrument.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cliche comments aside...

The Phoenix rises anew each time the world is destroyed. Norse mythology and Ragnarok speaks of a world birthed after the destruction of this one.

Everyday thoughts and processes follow a cycle of destruction...rebirth...growth...and back to destruction.

Breaking doesn't mean you're broken.

Anonymous said...

you're just in a rut. it will get better. :)