Monday, September 29, 2008

Dying by Chocolate

I beg your pardon for my recent abscence.. I've been rather under the weather for a while. I think it's stress related, but then all the girls at work are in pretty similar situations, so who knows? Perhaps there is some truth to the "Death" in "Death by Chocolate" after all...

I had my first audition a few days ago. It went horribly. But it was an unpaid gig, so the stakes aren't that high. I think the callbacks were this weekend though, so I think it's safe to say they didn't like me. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a teve show after christmas, because that would be a loop hole in the whole being unable to work as an actor on a regular work permit thing. But I shouldn't think about the future. The future doesn't exist yet anyway. But then again neither does the past or the present when you think about it. Well, perhaps the past exists. Or existed. But not anymore, so yeah, it doesn't exist.

Anyway. Spent the entire morning and afternoon with my darling Cesar who finally returned to me from Edmonton. We wasted away in a coffee shop together. Then we walked across the bridge to Davie and I showed him a book store I discovered the other day after my meeting with Danielle, Little Sister's Book Shop, and he was very impressed. We browsed in there for hours. Then on our way back we ran into his family and we all had lunch together in a Greek restaurant, the same Greek restaurant Mark took a group of us to back in the beginning of school. Cesar's family had a blast conversing in Spanish with the waiter who turned out to be Mexican. After lunch Cesar went back to Kits with me so that he could say Hi to Ana and Mike before leaving us again to go to Seattle (today) and then I worked. And work was actually fun for once because I was very hyper until around eleven when I morphed into a zombie. The thing is I never went to bed that morning so by the time I crawled home last night I'd been up for thirty-eight hours. Which is nothing to me when I've insomnia, but usually I'm just at home pottering around, doodling, scribbling, watching movies... not slaving in Death by Chocolate. Everyone is telling me to find another job, but I don't know. Finding a new apartment is time- and energy-wasting enough considering I have next to no time left before I have to toss my world upside-down again..

I'll probably do what feels right, I always do.

1 comment:

Ace said...

Well.. I guess what it comes down to is what your purpose for writing is? Do you write primarily to inspire? to express? to create?.. I've always wanted to pick apart the mind of a writer. I've come to think of a writers mind to be so multifaceted.
... A part of me hopes you never pick up and read "the giver" because I now fear that I've overrated it and you're doomed to disappointment. hahaha.