Sunday, August 17, 2008

I love you SO MUCH, I want to rip the spine out of your back so that I can move in...

I'm still beating my way through the jungle of Vancouver acting agencies seeking representation, well, I've dropped five packages and I'm still waiting by the phone that doesn't ever ring, basically. I'm intending to get new headshots taken soon and then I will proceed my hunt in the very heart of darkness that is show biz and hopefully, if I'm lucky, I'll land an audition for a one-liner in a commercial, but then I shouldn't set my goals too high, I wouldn't want to be disappointed.

Okay. So that was the cynicism indulgence of my day. Now I'm off to smile for seven hours straight at the generous compensation that is minimum wage. Yes, that's correct. I'm still serving what little on our menues we actually have to the posh population of Kits who have come to complain about dreadful standards of Death by Chocolate. But I'm not yet dead. I think that's a bright-ish side of things.

I had three days off in the beginning of this week, however, and I was in heaven. Or at least a very comfy place. I lit a candle, opened a bottle of red and wrote the second draft of my swedish novel which has been lying useless on my USB drive for almost a year and a half now. I was very pleased with myself.

I have also discovered Dylan Moran's comedic genius. (The title of this entry is actually one of his many, many brilliant quotes.) And life is good.

No comments: