Thursday, August 21, 2008

A day for ducks.

I went for a walk in the pouring rain. Went by Rob Daly's photo studio to drop of the check for yesterday's session, which went extremely well, by the way. He had a slight fascination with how my eyes "popped out" (don't worry, he was referring to the eye colour, not literally the eyes themselves.) in the light from the sky and therefore subjected me to the gruesome torture of nearly facing the sun for half of the shoot and I happen to be quite light sensitive and it was killing me. But it was worth it. I had a wicked time with him, he's quite something, such a difference from my first headshots session and I truly hope that'll show in the pictures as well... I get the prints on Friday. I can't wait.

I'm back in the flat now, killing some time before I have to go to work, I was going to do some writing or possibly paint something, but right now I'm enjoying my third cup of coffee for the day. It's the good stuff. The expensive, organic, fair trade, grown in the shade, peruvian coffee beans that I treated myself to last time Tony and I went grocery shopping. Such a difference from the cheap crap we always buy in the large tin jars.

There's a sort of melancholy in the air today. I couldn't be happier, considering I'll be getting new, hopefully beautiful headshots by the end of the week, and it's raining which is always beautiful, and the light filtered from the blanket of clouds is making people glow even though they've turned into themselves and their thoughts. Just walking down the street felt magical. But I feel kind of mellow at the same time. Not quite disconnected but rather pensive, aloof perhaps, tasting the calm before the storm maybe, hoping for a hurricane but not brave enough to ask for one, that kind of thing. If anyone knows what I mean by that...

Well, I should get to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The idea of being groundless and transient is alluring to best of us; artists in particular. The hurricane, the disrupting force you wish for, is a urge to destruct back to a simpler mechanic.

Those urges are sometimes the most inspirational. Like standing on a precipice with your toes curling over the edge.