Saturday, February 05, 2011

breaking up

I'm meeting up with me former room-mate and friend today to have the Talk, and I've been dreading it for months because I'm not very good at giving people closure, when I tried it with my ex boyfriend, he got it in his head that there was still a chance for us, so no.. not very good at Talks, at all. I seem to pend between "impossible to take in"-ruthless and "easy to misinterpreted"-sugar-coat, neither of which is very helpful. Why can't we just emotionally detach, then cut off all contact, and avoid each other forever? it really works fine, really!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's human nature to stay beyond the
point of expiration. it's probably not
your fault he felt like there was
still a chance. it's just how people are.

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

purposefully dense? ;)

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever had any moment of closure with anybody... perhaps that's why I always feel so lost and reminiscent constantly. :/