Sunday, December 20, 2009

The calm before the storm.

I've sort of cleaned me room a bit. Not nearly enough, but some. My little brother is coming to visit on monday and staying with me for a few days before the holiday

(I'm going to stop saying "Christmas" because the word for Christmas in Swedish is "jul" as in "yule" and is not christian at all, but as long as I translate it to "christmas" I just won't ever win that argument with my christian -- sorry, catholic -- friend, about being able to celebrate the holidays without being religious, because they're not necessarily religious at all, and at no time during my life span has this particular holiday (or any other) had anything to do with jesus in my family, so I am not being a hypocrite...)

and my room was messier than messy, and although my brother is even messier than that, I would still feel better if the place was nice and clean and tidy and homey for his arrival, so that I can be an awesome, adult, whatever, big sister and yeah... so that was the plan. I did most of the laundry, and cleared the desk and most of the little sofa, and some of the floor, and then I took a break to check my email, and then I just got stuck here... because I'm not very adult or awesome, really... I got him a birthday present and a yule present though, so I don't suck completely... although his birthday was in october...

Anyway. I've been having a great time at my internship, we've been casting mostly. We had a casting for zombie extras that we did as a big group and we did some improv exercises with them, it was pretty funny... and thursday was the end of term holiday inspired party at the school and that was pretty fun too, I danced quite a bit with some people from my class, and before the party a couple of us were at Tobbe's and on our way to the party Anja and I stopped to make snow angels on the ground. We lost track of time and the metro stopped running by the time we left the party, I had no way to get home, I left before the others, and walked around in the cold and the snow for a bout an hour trying to locate a place in the city where there was a night bus that was heading in my direction, but was out of luck... I managed to find Anja and Katta, though, and Katta pursuaded us to come home with her, and she cooked for us and then let us sleep in her room. Katta is amazing.

It's so weird having all this space on the desk...

No comments: