Monday, July 11, 2005

Back from Weekend trip

Spent the weekend in Orsa with my family. Very dull but I need to get out more. (That's the title of one of my favorite paintings by Viggo Mortensen by the way)

Beyond the rich verdure of disarranged leafy thickets were

misty hills enclosing

the calm waterbody

a pale blueish green against the opaque sky where

the vague shapes of cloud were overlapping perfectly



Really do need to get out more though, because it can't be healthy to stay locked away inside 24/7, thinking about the executions that took place on the place de Gréve in Paris on the nineteenth century...
It isn't as bad as it sounds though, because I'm simply trying to decide whether my character (in one of the stories I'm writing on) should be burnt on the stake or decapitated... Guillotin has a nice ring to it... but when you actually think about the process; being burnt alive is quite more dramatic...
There was this one bloke in Paris that was sentenced to death by being torn apart by horses tied to his limbs, but he just wouldn't break so finally they had to cut him up with a knife... imagine that...


Anyway. I'm not as out of it as it might sound.. it just comes off that way when I'm writing. Honest.
My big brother is visiting. We watched "The emperor's new groove" just a minute ago and now everyone's gone to bed.
I better get downstairs as well so I'm not disturbing anyone... I'll try and get some sleep too...
Otherwise I can always watch "The Office" for the umptieth time... (it's so funny...!)


No comments: