Monday, March 29, 2010

fucking tea and stuff

Drinking tea (red) even though I haven't got a cold. Am feeling cold though, as in chilly. I'll blame it on that. Hi by the way, long time no update, I know. I haven't even been busy this weekend, I haven't been doing anything, not even writing, or working on my social skills, just been in bed all two days and nights, sometimes dozing, sometimes watching something...

for example "Brideshead Revisited" which I bought on DVD recently, for two reasons, 1.) Jeremy Irons, 2.) homoerotic subtext, oh and I suppose 2½.) it was voted the best english TV show of all time... well, it was good for about two and a half episodes. Jeremy Irons was good all through out of course, but his character was like a watered-down version of Heathcliff in that he went from sympathetic to outright awful by the end, and the storyline tumbled quickly downhill in my eyes as well, I could never read the book... unlike Wodehouse's writings of Jeeves & Wooster there seemed to be no satire about it at all, quite the opposite, it painted the upper class world out to be this Paradise to revere and, in times of war, protect... well, I'll have to agree with my mum on this one - but I still maintain that P.G. Wodehouse is awesome and that she would like the books if she gave them a try *hint hint*

I haven't been bedridden from exhaustion either, which is the annoying thing... but I've been in physical pain. For one, I've managed to hit my left shoulder really hard, so that it's not only bruised but I'm only just starting to regain full mobility in my arm... same thing with my knee... and the icing on top would be the most excruciating after "working out/having slept on Stonehenge" muscle pain you can imagine in my entire back, shoulders and neck, neck so much so that I've had next to no sideways mobility in that department either... must have been from sleeping in some awkward position or something, because I haven't been working out, I've only been dancing a bit at the class party on friday! a few of us stayed behind, fought over which music to play and danced around for a bit, it was fun, except the part where I fell down and hit my shoulder, my knee and the back of my head in a chair and part of a wall... and I wasn't even drunk! ah well... bruises are cool, and pain lets you know you're alive.

I've also been reading this.

And in case I didn't mention it before, working with Simon Norrthon has been one of the best things that's ever happened to me, the work shop in general has, but getting Simon Norrthon as an actor on top of that, him being absolutely lovely, and amazing, and me not making a complete arse of myself, and learning quite a bit, and realizing for certain that directing is fucking amazing and it's definitely something I want to be doing more of, yeah... definitely one of the best things ever. So many things just sort of... clicked, in those days.

And I've been re-watching the film that I first saw him in when I was about nine, "Pensionat Oskar" which has been on second place of my top favourite films list for years (since I watched "The Indian Runner" and it got bumped down to second from first) but since watching it again lately (about ten or fifteen times, I'd say would be a fair guess, by myself... then once with Anja, once with my parents, and once with my little brother only we only got halfway because dinner got ready and he didn't like it...) and it's now bumped "The Indian Runner" down to second and reclaimed first place. Susanne Bier whose directed it is also one of my favourite directors now. And Peter Jackson isn't anymore. ("The Lovely Bones" being the reason. I can't even go into it, but.... even worse than the trash "literature" it was based on, completely commercial, sappy, predictable, pointless, etc etc etc.... yeah. DISAPPOINTED.)

The zombie film had its wrap party too. Weird. Nice. Weird. Sad. Fun. Awkward. Lovely. Yeah. I tried to "pitch" my novella film project to Rebecka, the producer, and she said she would love to read the script. I didn't even pitch the project to Caroline, I just sort of told her I wanted her with me if I got to make it, and she agreed. The pressure on writing this stupid script is therefore... yeah.

Going to bed now. Good night everyone.

No comments: