Friday, May 01, 2009

1st of May

So the police called my mum and a early last night. My little brother and his friends had been caught with the alcohol and been forced to pour it out. And apparently it wasn't just beer but heavier stuff as well. I think the police catching them was the best thing that could have happened. Hopefully my brother learned some kind of lesson... his friend's dad certainly didn't. As we were driving home from town (they came and picked me up from my friends' place as my mum got the cal on her mobile) they actually saw him and the wife in a pizza joint and pulled over to go and talk to them. Mum told him that she didn't tell the police that she knew where they got the booze but if it happened again she would. He didn't like that too much. He got a bit flustered and said he only bought the six pack of beer for his son and never meant for him to share and he didn't see why my brother would get a mark in his record and stuff. It was obvious to me that he was lying about the hard liquor, but at least, hopefully he won't offer my brother any to try any time soon (or my mum will report him to the police - which would be pretty cool, I have to admit!)

My brother phoned home this morning (he spent the night at his friend's place as well) and it's clear that the guy has been talking about mum, and not in a good way, because he was muttering about her getting involved and being hysterical.. but he can mutter all he wants as far as I'm concerned. He's fourteen, so it's illegal, end of story. And if he's going to try and test limits and get drunk, 1. he can wait a couple of more years, being athletic it would be stupid of him to throw his only interest (sports) away so soon, which he will if he gets in with that gang (it's always the same, every new generation in this village, there's always a group that starts drinking and smoking and destroying property and that stuff and it never ends well. I hate to see that happen with my baby brother..) and 2. he can get creative and get his hands on his own booze and not have some poor excuse of a responsible father figure adult buy out for him and the guys. That's just low and if he wants to buy booze for his own kid as illegal and stupid as it is, that's his thing, but he has no right to go making those calls for other people's children. Especially since both my parents are teetotalers because my dad's entire family are alcoholics and he's a sober one, not a good idea to start drinking until you're old enough to understand your own limits and until your body and brain have finished developing.

So, that's a cliff-hanger of the soap opera that is small town life, which I will keep you posted on.

I was supposed to hang out with friends down by the seaside today, barbeque, play this silly outdoor game involving sticks called "kubb", drink and be merry. And, the sun is shining, the others are waiting for me to show up, and I don't feel well at all... so I don't think I'll end up going. I'm going to force down some tea and see if I feel better (doubt it) and then I might go later on, but right now I don't feel well at all. Which sucks, because I was actually looking forward to this one. Because it's something different that we don't (well they might, but not when I've been around) usually do, usually we hole up in someone's apartment and drink and smoke and listen to music, but now we're doing the whole swedish summer thing and it sounded really nice and cozy.. ah well, the summer is long, I'm sure there will be other opportunities..

No demonstration today. Not even my parents, which I think has never happened in my entire life before, it being the 1st of May and all, I guess my mum's really fed up with the old owls in town and really want to get out of politics.. Seems like everything is changing. I guess that's a good thing!

2 comments:

Dear Ida said...

Wow...what happened to Simone? Is he grounded?

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

Simon, not Simone :p
No, he's not grounded.
He wanted to go camping with that guy and two girld this weekend though and he's not allowed to do that, so he was really upset when I left for Stockholm.. we'll see if he managed to convince the parents to back down..