Thursday, March 05, 2009

Look at me looking at the glass half full

As I was waiting for the bus downtown, this homeless person walked by me and told me to cheer up.

It's funny though. Not to sound "emo" or anything, but I always seem to be going, and yet I never seem to get anywhere. I never arrive. Maybe that's my problem. I took off at some point and I never really landed again. Maybe that's why I find it so difficult to really be present, to really commit, to really just be.

Today kind of sucked but it's over now, so that's good. Of course not until I'd walked through an apocalyptic fucking rainstorm to get home, but now I'm here and it's over and I'm going to watch "Wire in the blood" and remind myself that it could be worse, I could be kidnapped by a sadistic transgender sociopath and slowly tortured to death whilst my murderer videotaped it and got off on the footage. Right?

3 comments:

Dear Ida said...

Transgendered? Why transgendered?

Anonymous said...

Yeah there's always that. Well, I'm glad to see your looking on the bright side of things

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

because the character that is was referring to was transgendered, he had an operation and became a she... it's a reference to "wire in the blood" season one episode one, sweetie ;)