Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Still in limbo.

Besides the whirring from the fridge and the occasional tap of a raindrop against the frosted plexi glass windows, the flat is quiet. I'm emotionally preparing to get ready for work. The coffee is fairly gross. But drinkable, i.e. it has caffeine in it.

I'm heading over to Ana's place after work. We're starting on the dialogue today, this is her screenplay we're working on now, in case I neglected to mention that, I've put Tequila Rose on hold for the time being because I'm to distracted to think clearly, and my psychological thriller is having personality issues at the moment, so the full focus is on Ana's script, it's loosely based on the idea she had originally for a documentary, but completely fiction. So far we've been working on the outline. It's going slow, which is partly my fault, because I feel useless at times and in order to generate some brainstorm to benefit the process I generate a three hour long argument between us instead that has little or nothing to do with the writing process or the script by the end of it. Like last night when we started arguing about the Bible because I insisted that Judas Iscariot was the tragic hero of the New Testament much like Severus Snape in the Harry Potter books, but since I'm more familiar with Harry Potter than the bible and Ana hasn't even read Harry Potter it was rather difficult to carry a sophisticated argument, although she tried, I on the other hand went for the John Cleese approach in the Argument Sketch ("Look, if I argue with you I must take up a contrary position!", Michael Palin: "Yes, but it isn't just saying 'No, it isn't'!", John Cleese: "Yes, it is!", Michael Palin: "No, it isn't!")

Anyway... I should be getting ready for work now.
I'm over my "Supernatural" obsession for now, by the way.
It's "Wire in the blood" now.

No comments: