Saturday, February 21, 2009

busy bee.

This morning, on my day off, I had to get up at the ungodly hour of seven and literally drag my arse to the other end of Vancouver to go and take a stupid stupid TOEFL test, which, by the way was the least fun I have had, most probably, in my entire life. I finished up and got out of there two hours before time, but still. That was three hours of my life, three hours which could have been spent right here on this couch and... yeah okay, when you put it that way.

After I finished the mundane, idiotic, time-wasting, could-you-make-the-questions-any-less-interesting test I walked, despite it being overly sunny out, all the way down Broadway and into the heart of Granville island to pick up my portfolio. And, I'll have you know, I held my head up high even as I claimed ownership of the bubble-wrapped spectacle posing for an art portfolio and carried it with some pride from the establishment and to the bus stop with every intention of going home, curl up on this couch and unwind and do some emotional damage control (I didn't even have time to wake up before taking off this morning, let alone emotionally prepare to go anywhere! Which usually takes about an hour...)

Walking down (or up, or whatever) Lonsdale just know, it struck me, though, that I got more things done today than I usually do in a week, and all of it before the time I usually get up in the morning. It made me feel quite productive and grown-up. So I stopped by the bakery on my way home and purchased a loaf of freshly baked bread, because that's what grown-ups do when they treat themselves as we all know, or at least I think it's freshly baked, I'm not sure...

Oh. And the efficiency as of late doesn't stop there. Oh, no. Yesterday I sent to an audition at the last minute, it was for a commercial for cancer awareness thingy something, and to quote the audition breakdown (they're the horrible people, I'm just the messenger!) since it's a charity commercial, it's great money. So it would be nice to book that, and maybe then I won't have to starve this spring. But I doubt I'll get it, there were loads of people there. The audition went by really quickly and was done in groups, all improvised and kind of silly. But it was fine, I had fun with it, I was relaxed as opposed to my last audition, so that's a personal improvment.

After my audition I went straight to work, and after I got off work I went to Ana's and brainstormed her script with her over a beer.

And now I'm having coffee and might-be-freshly-baked bread.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How come when I call you late at night you never answer lol.. I want to. lol

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

well the other night i was busy writing all night so i turned my phone on silent!

i work all week so regarding coffee consumption as a pair i don't see that happening... unless maybe friday afternoon, i'll have to check!

Unknown said...

it's all well and fine :)