Monday, February 09, 2009

Happy times.

So I had today off. I met up with Ana and Rob downtown, I was an hour late, but they didn't seem all that surprised. We had coffee. It was happy times, and no strings attached to the happiness either. That's out of the ordinary for me.

Sometimes it just clicks into place and you settle into it and things just makes sense for the moment and there's no anxiety, no drama, just light conversation, inappropriate jokes at the appropriate places and you're just laughing like the world isn't weighing down your shoulders at all and maybe never did.

It's amazing the connections you make in life and what stays with you and the people who stick around for the long run and those who just sort of fall away along the way. Sometimes I can't help but to wonder if it's all random, but I guess it really doesn't matter. It's life right. You just have to go along with it and let it take you places.

Like I was telling Rob after we'd walked Ana to her bus, as much as I had being in limbo, I always seem to land there, it's like this particularly annoying airport where I'm stuck waiting for my connecting flight, snf I know things will work out in the end, they always do, it's just getting there that's Hell. But I guess that's the price you pay for taking the scenic route in life.

"No reward without sacrifice", Rob said. It was one of those rare moments when he's actually managing to be serious.

Other things: I've semi-started on another screenplay, it's a psychological thriller, the working title is "Flesh and blood".

I think I'm also experiencing some warped form of post-traumatic stress after my New Year's Eve heartbreak in that I am compulsive listening to sappy music recently, like "Lady in red", or "Love hurts" or Roxette's "Must have been love" -- and I realize that revealing this fact will do major damage to my reputation, but the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem so, Hello. My name is Ida. And I'm a Romantic.

Now onto the second step: Iron Maiden.

4 comments:

Dear Ida said...

Your beautiful...

Dear Ida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dear Ida said...

And your absolutely right, thats what brought me to you! Life!

ps: Roxette's "Must have been love", great song! Love it!

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

it is not a great song! it's cheesy! and i'm ashamed of listening to it!:)

hey, my love, i wish you were here- i really miss you, you're half of my world, you know that riight?