Saturday, November 01, 2008

I like for you to be still

I fell in love yesterday. It was my brief coffee break and I ran next door to the Starbucks almost hidden away in the pouch of Chapters like a baby kangaroo and got my fix of dark roast. Then I strolled around in Chapters looking at all the books I would like to buy but mustn't. And then I fell in love with the words of Pablo Neruba. (And bought "Twenty love poems & a song of despair")

Later that afternoon I got off work and went home and fretted about my non-existant Halloween costume whilst waiting for Cesar to join me and get ready and then we were heading to Davie to go clubbing because it's been almost a year since we have and I know Cesar misses it a lot and I kind of wanted to just be out somewhere and let go as well.. while I was waiting I also talked to my agent on the phone concerning two auditions, one student film I'll go for on Monday and one small role in a regular film that we both decided wasn't worth it right now...

Cesar and I were supposed to go to Celebrities but when we found out that the cover was $40 we decided to seek our adventure elsewhere and ended up in Numbers where neither of us has ever been before and it was sort of fun. We danced a bit, had a couple of beers (and I should not have, because we had a bottle of wine before going and I do not mix well - but surprisingly it was fine this morning, so I guess I'm one step closer to alcoholism! Three cheers and a tiger...) and stuff. Just before we left I went off by my own and ended up on the dance floor again and I saw the same blonde who had smiled at me in the staircase earlier and I decided to linger nearby and dance for a bit. She was busy dancing with another lady though, but then she saw me and started eyeing me and before I knew it she was no longer dancing with the lady in black cat costume but with me. And when I say dancing, I mean softcore foreplay of course. It was fun. I gave her my number and said I had to go (Well, Cesar was still waiting after all.) and she said she was going back to Seattle in the morning, but if she called this number would I come and see her before she left? I said yes and it was nice meeting you, and left.

Of course she didn't call me in the morning, but then I wouldn't have notice if she did. I woke up at three this afternoon and had two missed calls from Sweden and one text message. The message was from her (her name is Sandra) and she said she passed out and will I be coming down to Seattle some time (and "What's your name again, I can't read your writing" hehe..)

I look worse for wear today, but I feel fairly fine. I made some soup and took it with me to work. The sky is gloomy but life is good. Let's see if Chocolate can Kill it for me, shall we...

No comments: