Sunday, July 25, 2010

Nothing important happened today

I'm reading this amazing book, I don't remember if I told you that already, but it's called "Marble skin" and it's by Slavenka Drakulic. I'm loving every page of it so far, I'm on eighty out of a hundred and eighty-eight.

I worked in the indian restaurant last night, it was actually busy for once, but not in a good way. It was stressful, things went wrong, not big things like I'm used to from the previous place I waitressed in, but enough to be annoying. I also worked later than usually and missed the bus and the train that I usually take to get home when I've worked in this place, instead I had to take another bus, the tube and then a second bus, and of course there was lots of waiting and walking in the cold rain in-between those, which did wonders for the building cold I felt that previous morning, I can tell you. I was meant to work tonight as well, and I really should have because I really need the money (if I even get paid, which remains to be seen), but I sent my boss a text message and told him I felt too ill to come in, which was an exaggeration but not a complete lie, because I am feeling rather under weather, and last night undid the magic my last yoga session performed on my body and posture completely, and now my back and shoulders hurt again. Plus I woke up not too long ago and just finished making my coffee (the old-fashioned way, in a pot on the stove!) and if I were to work again tonight, I'd have to leave now, since it's Sunday and it'd take forever to get into town. And it still looks like rain. Not the refreshing kind, but the cold "I'm going to eat away your bone marrow" kind.

I also went to the theatre with my friend Min the other night, well the night before last actually, and saw "Inception" - I'd seen the posture of that film the night before and really didn't feel like I wanted to watch it, but when Min suggested it I figured there was hardly another movie showing that would be remotely better, and it did have two of my favourite actors in it (Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard) so I agreed to it -  and we were both pleasantly surprised, it was a lot better than we had anticipated! I especially loved the different levels to the story, and I'm not saying anything else because you I think you should watch it, it's entertaining if not nothing else, so you'll most likely enjoy it even if you don't think it's a masterpiece or anything. One thing though, towards the end, that I just didn't buy (not in terms of the actual story, more like the telling of it) and after you've seen it I'll tell you what and why...

When I got home from work, all shivery and miserable and aching, I didn't go to bed as I should have, I warmed up the meal the boys in the kitchen had made for me (I didn't even ask for it or remind them I was avegetarian this time, which I thought was really cool, they just made me something vegetarian and put it in take out containers and gave me the little bag before I was leaving.) and sat at my computer until seven this morning, watching Cesar's youtube clips and browsing facebook and blogs and my own pictures from my time in Vancouver, missing him and Ana and Mike and Emmanuel and Brett and Stephen and the good times in VFS, even some of the bad ones, and feeling generally nostalgic and lonely. That could have had something to do with today's morose pity party as well, I guess. I need a yoga session. And a place to live. And an original idea. And an acting gig. And a future.

Well, as always, this has been a rewarding conversation... what do I owe you for this session? Same time next week? Okay then.

P.S. obsessing over The X-files again. This is the fourth time around. Which means it definitely in the top five of the most recurring obsessions, still after seventeen years, that's quite cool, don't you think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a shame about the career we chose, is that it's bound to take forever :/ and not a day goes by where where I don't feel dumpy and alone (I'm questioning my grammar on that sentence.)

I did blog once how I got a load of inspiration from that voltaire book you gave me, and I had an idea for a feature (or whatever) using my Daniel Wyke stories and basing them off Candide. Ultimately, I felt that it would be a great project for us to do one day. Cherish the thought of that actually happening. :D