Thursday, November 19, 2009

We did it!

We finished the shoot! We got everything and it all looked fantastic, I'm giddy as hell right now! The film is going to be great!

The team ended on even worse terms than we began, unfortunately, and I'm not going to be a gossip and bitch about it here, but the photographer and us other two just didn't work together, and from that perspective I'm really glad it's over, and I am never working with him again, not a chance, for several reasons that will be left un-divulged here, and I'm fine with that and I'm sure the feeling is very mutual. I'm just annoyed because I thought I could communicate and collaborate with anyone, because I consider myself quite adaptable and empathetic, but it turns out I can't. I''ve met him and I've put on a semi-happy and professional facade and got through these past three days and got the result I wanted from the shoot, but never again.

Kalle, on the other hand, my co-director, has been amazing. He's the reason I got through the negative bullshit and was able to eventually shake off what happened yesterday morning and still direct, he's basically an angel and I loved every moment of us working together and I really hope we'll work together again.

The rest of the team, who assisted ours was great too, all in all we've had a really good experience and a really great time!

Martin, the actor who played the male character in the short, texted me after they'd left today and said to tell everyone thanks, that we'd all worked great and developed a lot just during these three days and that he'd got to do a lot of really difficult stuff and we should be proud of ourselves (now, that's the best mark one could get on a school project, wouldn't you say?)

I'll give you more details on the actual film and shots and stuff later, but now I'm beat. Good night!

2 comments:

Dear Ida said...

That's to bad, well sometimes love things just don't work out! We all think and go about things very differently. I glad you were professional though. It make you look good!

Yay will there be any chance in me seeing it someday?

Hugs!

Cesar

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

definitely! i will make it happe -- you HAVE to see it, it's going to be awesome!