Saturday, August 13, 2005

coffee

Caught the noon train after having just woken up. Jenz was reading "American psycho" which he'd borrowed from Fredde about a month ago, and occasionally, when he encountered a particularly nasty paragraph he read out loud. When the train reached Ljusne, I got off and I walked the usually short distance home. This time however it felt like an eternity before I reached the house. Wasn't feeling so well, you see. Actually I started feeling ill already yesterday, but I just filed it under my usual hypocondria, but it still haven't gone away. In fact I've felt feverish all day. Also been sweating like mad, sneezed my soul back and forth between my body and the hands of Satan I think a million times by now, and except for the dull throbbing ache at the core of my brain, my head has felt completely numb. I almost wish I could say I've got a hangover, but aside from the fact that I didn't even get drunk last night, as I said, it all started yesterday, so I'm pretty sure I've got a cold. I only hope it'll pass and not get worse... I was scheduled for a photoshoot again tomorrow, and besides that, if I do get seriously ill again, I probably won't get any medication from the doctor, because it's not so long ago since I was on medication last time and if I eat them too often I'll get immune just like when I was younger...But there's a definite upside to this whole scenario as well; I've got the house all to myself until tomorrow. Which means I've lighted candles all over the living room and been watching old "Midsomer Murders"-episodes all afternoon. And after that I watched the "Lost" re-runs on telly. Basically, on the whole, it's all been quite cosy! Except for the cold-bit, but I took a painkiller for the headache at least, and the other bit wasn't that horrible, after all I'm used to being dizzy and disorientated, and during the summer I'm always bothered by the heat... Only wish I weren't so weak. I'd very much like to do some painting, or writing for that matter, but I can't seem to build up the energy at all... I sat with a writing pad earlier, thought I'd scribble some ideas or poetry while the commercial was on, but all I could think of to write down was "coffee"... I think the fever has really gone to my head... Or perhaps I'm just coming down from my caffeine-high...

No comments: