Monday, July 13, 2009

summer stuff.

Went on a family excursion to a zoo/amusement park that used to hold some sort of value when I was just tall enough to ride the roller coaster, a roller coaster which incidentally had been removed and replaced by a bouncy castle. However, taking the little niece on a few stomach-tickling-for-those-under-four rides was well worth it. You know, second hand fun.

Also, petting the weird-looking-as-always camels made up for the traumatic experience of seeing the two orangutans locked in, sitting slumped against their respective windows, gazing out and looking clinically depressed.

And entering into the little house with all the snakes and stuff, and this one section where the snakes and the turtles were not in cages, and my little brother walking ahead of me, jumping when I acted as though I saw something above or ahead of him (he's phobic of snakes! it's awesome!)

And my carefully planned-out and constructed pasta salad was of course a hit, as always, and we dragged more than half of it with us home again, most of which I ate for supper thank you very much, because I, unlike everyone else I know, actually like healthy food.

2 comments:

Dear Ida said...

Hugs!

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

And giggles and kisses and promises about lifetime devotion! I miss you!