Saturday, May 22, 2010

Twenty-four.

So my 24th birthday came and went fairly quietly. I'd almost forgotten it myself in the morning. And then I was in school working wkith Anja. I'd got a bunch of Happys on Facebook that I only just saw and responded to now. And I got a text message from both my brothers respectively. And a phone call from each of my parents. And a proper birthday card in the mail, also from my parents. And Anja bought me a cup of coffee when we were taking a break from editing.

I can't believe I'm twenty-four. I'll be twenty-five next year. That's irreversibly and unquestionably grown-up. I don't feel very grown-up. I certainly don't act it most of the time. I guess those cliché quotes about age being a number and a state of mind and all that is true.

I've run into a pickle with my script. I don't know what to do with it. I have a strong mind to just discard the whole thing. But that would be giving up, and I'm trying not to do that as much any more. But even the post-it note thing isn't working out and I'm out of ideas and patience. 

Well, I should get some sleep. Got my nephew Theo's birthday party tomorrow, and my parents and little brother are taking me out to lunch before we're going over to my big brother's place for it, too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

omgjesus happy birthday! sterring away from facebook makes you forget things like that.

I wish I could do something a little more properly

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

No worries, a blog comment makes me happier than a Facebook wall post anyway ;)

Unknown said...

good, but in all honesty you probably deserve an incredibly long email from me, you're in my thoughts enough lady :)

I should get on that.

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

You should.

Although I'm no better. I still haven't read and sent you feedback on your script. You sent me that ages ago. I still have it and I still mean to read it, I've just been busy with school, that's all.