Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Back in my room.

Four walls, the smell of candles, sweat, dust
Empty notebooks prop the desk
My coffee cooling in a cup on top; it's got butterflies on it
I'm chasing the tail end 
of a woken dream

*

Back in my room, and you won't believe me, but this is the first time I've been properly awake since I got back, I've literally been in bed, sleeping on and off, for three days... guess I was exhausted. The worry still has its claws in me, be at least I've been properly rested now. And I've been watching some Disney Classics from my childhood, it started with Basil Mouse, since I'm harbouring a Sherlock Holmes obsession ever since the movie premiere, but then became a Disney marathon with Mulan, Beauty & the Beast, The sword in the stone and Robin Hood. All in Swedish, of course, since these are copies from my old childhood VHS collection. Nostalgia at its best, are VHS tapes. And cassette tapes. Casette mix tapes. I've been meaning to start doing mix CD:s but I never got around to it. Now it's all digital, you make fanmixes and you make a back and front cover images in Photoshop as though people are actually going to burn a CD out of the files...


Awesome movie: "Mannen som slutade röka".

3 comments:

M said...

Jag gillar din dikt! Jag kanner igen mig, det ar faktiskt underbart att ha en egen liten varld sadar.

Jag vill ocksa ha disney maraton! Och jag gillar oxa mixtapes. Men vet du vad, det finns kanske en gyllene medelvag om man bade vill ha kvalite och retrokansla, jag sag att teknikmagasinet (tror det var dem iaf) har en mp3 spelare i form av ett kasettband, som man kan lyssna med horlurar MEN som man ocksa kan stoppa in i en kasettbandspelare och lyssna som om det vore en kassett! Ar inte det coolt!

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

Det låter väldigt coolt! Måste jag kolla in någon gång! Vi får ha ett disney maraton när du kommer tillbaka till sverige!

Unknown said...

I'm excited!