Sunday, September 18, 2005

stupid adventures resulting in fever




I went out walking last night, even though I'm in a pitiful state of health, because I had to move and also I needed to get some fresh autumn-cold air into my lungues. So I went on my usual trot. I was out of breath and my heart was hammering when I was half-way, but I tried not to notice. When I reached the second bridge I saw the moon and it was if though I'd stepped into a wall. One, I stopped dead in my tracks and found I was incapable of proceeding forwards. Two, I got the wind knocked out of me from the supposed impact.

In other words, I was overwhelmed.

The moon was full and the size of a 5 swedish kronor coin and lay just on top of the horizon, and furthermore it was a pale fire-illuminated pink.

It was beautiful beyond description.

I then cursed myself for not bringing a camera with me (for the fifth time since I stepped onto the road, I might add) and then proceeded to rush home (despite complaining heart and failing lung-capacity) and thundered into the house, yelling for mum to hurry up downstairs and into the car while I got the camera from the kitchen counter and and grabbed the car keys from its position above the door frame. Being the considerate and understanding mother she is (at times), she did as she was asked (or ordered, one might also say) and we drove quickly to the water.

By then the moon had risen quite a bit up onto the sky, which had also darkened considerably, and had also shrunk and changed colour to its usual golden yellow. I took some photos anyway and then we went back home (and only stopped about five or six times along the way because I saw something I wanted to photograph)



Today I've got a fever, but I don't care, it was well worth it. And canal 4 is showing "GI Jane" tonight, which means I get to see Viggo in a movie I haven't seen yet. So, yeah. No complains!

1 comment:

Ida Nieninque Thomasdotter said...

Okay. Keep to your passion, that's what I do!